Operation of the Website
Osaka University has contracted with Benesse Corporation for the operation of the Website. Osaka University’s Policy on Protection of Personal Information and Benesse Corporation’s Policy on Protection of Personal Information may be accessed from the following URLs.
Benesse Corporation Personal Information Protection Policy
Article 1 : Objective
Article 2 : Payer
The Payer him/herself will be the person who applies to Osaka University However, a representative of the Payer may operate the hardware, pay the application fee and perform other tasks pertaining to the Application Fee Payment System with the consent of the Payer.
Article 3 : Confirmation of Application
Confirmation of the application will be made when the University receives the application after the Payer uses the Application Fee Payment System to correctly register application information, pays the application fee by any of the methods provided in Article 4 and submits the specified documents within the application period. The University will not receive application documents which are submitted after the application deadline, even if the Payer has paid the application fee.
Article 4 : Payment of Application fee
1. The Payer will pay the application fee within the period designated by the University with a credit card, at any of the prescribed convenience stores or by transfer from any of the prescribed banks (by using an ATM or Internet banking service of such bank which offers Pay-easy).
The application fee will be paid by using any of the following credit cards, convenience stores and financial institutions.
[Credit Cards] Visa, Master, UnionPay
[Convenience Stores] Lawson, Family Mart, Daily Yamazaki, Yamazaki Daily Store, Mini Stop, Seicomart
[Banks] List of participating financial institutions
2. Once the application fee is paid pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, fee will not be returned except in the case listed in the Application Guideline.
Article 5 : Disclaimer
1. The University may temporarily suspend the operation of the Website without prior notice to the Payer for reasons including malfunctioning or breakdown of the means of communication and equipment, system outage and maintenance work.
2. The University will not be responsible or liable for any damage to the Payer resulting from the temporary suspension of the operation of the Website provided in the preceding paragraph.
3. The University will not be responsible or liable for any damage to the Payer resulting from undelivered e-mail that arises from input errors or e-mail rejection settings made by the Payer, or natural disasters, conflicts, riots or any other force majeure that is not attributable to the University.
Article 6 : Handling of Personal Information
The personal information collected by the Website will be retained by the University and managed and operated by Benesse Corporation which is a contractor of the University. All personal information will be managed appropriately and safely in accordance with the personal information protection policies of the University and Benesse Corporation. Further, information on credit cards and any other information on payment of the application fee will be retained by the payment settlement agent which is under the management of Benesse Corporation and will not be retained by the University.
Article 7 : Website Changes; Termination
The University may make changes to the terms and conditions of the operation of the Website, service content and other matters without prior notice to the Payer. In addition, the University may terminate the Website for business, technical or other reasons without prior notice to the Applicant.
Article 9 : Other Matters